Employment Law Update
With the raft of new employment legislation introduced in recent years, affecting both employees and employers, it is vital to keep up-to-date in order to ensure compliance with the law and develop ‘best practice’ processes. This interactive workshop, consisting of a quiz, group work and recent employment tribunal case studies, is particularly suitable for small to medium sized employers who wish to develop knowledge, understanding and confidence in this critically important area.
To provide a brief introduction to current employment law to assist managers in adopting responsible employment practices.
- Review principles of the employment contract and a best practice approach to making changes
- Identify the implications of Sex, Race and Disability Discrimination Acts and current interpretation
- Identify best practice procedures when dealing with disciplinary issues
- State how to avoid unfair dismissal and how management practice and procedures can best contribute to this aim
- Review the main provisions and constraints imposed by existing and future employment legislation
- Employment law quiz: test your knowledge
- Group activity
- Case studies: recent employment tribunal findings
- What constitutes the contract?
- How should it be changed or amended fairly?
- Best practice disciplinary procedures
- Up-to-date case studies on recent Employment Tribunal rulings
- An overview of future legislation and implications for managers
METHOD OF TRAINING
Our courses are “ACTIVE” and “INTERACTIVE” and GEARED TO DELEGATES' PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, and therefore the maximum number of delegates is specifically determined to ensure that each delegate gains the maximum benefit through a more individualised and involved approach