Interview & Selection Skills
A ONE DAY COURSE FOR ANY STAFF INVOLVED WITH RECRUITMENT
Are you responsible for interviewing?
Are you aware of the implications of making good and bad choices?
Are you aware of the legal aspects of interviewing techniques?
Do you know how to get the most out of an interview?
This one day interactive course looks at theá process of recruitment from writing the job description and person specification to conducting interviews and making the selection.
- To review the complete recruitment process
- To listáthe benefits and pitfalls of selection interviews
- To learn about selection methods and key tools
- To be aware of the legal and organisational issues involved with selection and interviewing
- To learn how to create the optimum conditions to achieve the best possible outcomes
- To increase self awareness regarding personal interviewing style
- the Recruitment Process
- Purpose of selection interviews
- selection methods and key tools
- legal & organisational aspects
- preparation for interview
- questioning strategy
- listening skills & body language
- making the final decision
- role plays
METHOD OF TRAINING
Our courses are highly participative with delegates working from a workbook, linked with group activities and role-play, as appropriate.á